There are many non-surgical solutions to alleviate your back pain. Medication and physical therapy are non-surgical treatment options for managing your pain without surgery.
Strengthening your core is about more than having six-pack abs. Having a strong core helps your overall body strength, balance and your posture. Core strengthening also helps with back pain. There are many different exercises for your core. Core exercises should involve the major muscles in your abdomen, including your internal and external obliques and the transverse abdominals. Exercises that strengthen your core such as planks, crunches, oblique twists and yoga can help protect your back and neck from injury.
Stop the Pain Before it Starts
Better than treating pain is preventing it altogether. Here are some things you can do to prevent back pain.
- Maintain a healthy weight -Eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly.
- Get the right mattress – A firmer mattress will better support your back.
- Maintain good posture – Set up your office your work station to reduce strain on your back and take breaks often.
- Lift heavy objects correctly – Squat down to use your leg muscles or ask for help.
- Workout regularly – Use proper techniques for exercising and make sure your workouts include exercises that strengthening your back and core.